It’s never too late to change your life and mindfulness can show you the way.
62 The Avenue
Yasmin Zaman joined Priory Group in 2016 as a mindfulness and yoga therapist within the Therapy Services team at the Priory Hospital Southampton, delivering regular mindfulness groups for patients on the Addiction Therapy Programme as well to those in the Acute Psychiatric, Eating Disorders and CAMHS wards. In 2017 she began working with clients attending the Wellbeing Centre for group and one-to-one sessions of Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT).
Since 2020, she mainly works online delivering MBCT courses to clients and has received warm feedback for her motivational and empathic style.
Yasmin is registered and accredited by the following organisations:
- BAMBA accredited Mindfulness Teacher/Trainer/Supervisor
- CNHC Registered Yoga Therapist
- Yoga Alliance Professionals Senior Teacher
- Webber, L., Bailey, L., Doyle, M., Zaman, Y., & Dunn, C. (2016). Southampton HeadStart Pilot of Mindfulness in Schools Project: The effect of Paws b on behaviour and resiliency in children. CMRP Conference 2016: Mindfulness supporting all aspects of family life. Bangor, Wales, 8th-11th July, 2016.
Webber, L., Scott, H., Zaman, Y., & Dunn, C. (2016). Understanding the role of mindfulness practices in fostering student wellbeing. Learning and Teaching Community Conference 2016. Southampton, England, 24th June, 2016.
Webber, L., Tijou, I., Zaman, Y., & Dunn, C. (2016). HeadStart Pilot of Mindfulness in Schools Project: The effect of MBSR on stress and wellbeing in teachers. MiSP Conference 2016: Mindfulness and Education Well-being and resilience for young people. London, 22nd January, 2016.
German, Spanish, Bengali
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Anxiety Attack Treatment
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms (MUS)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Sleep Disorders (Insomnia)
- Treatment Resistant Depression
- 1983 - Bachelor of Humanities (B.H. Hons.) degree – History & Education
- 1984 - Postgraduate Certificate in Education – postgraduate degree in teaching
- 2002 - International Sivananda Vedanta Centre - Yoga Teacher
- 2002 - Yoga for Health Foundation – Yoga Therapist
- 2005 - NASM/David Lloyd - Fitness Coach
- 2005 - Wright Foundation - GP Referral Exercise Consultant
- 2007 - International Sivananda Vedanta Centre - Advanced Yoga Teacher Diploma
- 2008 - Yoga Professionals - Hatha Yoga
- 2013 - Bangor University - MBSR Teacher level 1
- 2013 - Oxford University - Mindful Movement
- 2014 - Bangor University/Mindfulness in Schools Project - Paws.b teacher for junior school
- 2015 - Bangor University - MBSR Teacher level 2
- 2015 - Bangor University - Mindfulness Enquiry training
- 2016 - Bangor University - Supervision training
- 2017 - Mindful Schools - mindfulness for children and adolescents